google+

Thursday 25 March 2021

Making Climate Change Tangible : FT futuregazing

Over 10 years ago I was on a digital transformation crusade.. helping people embrace the future. In training I often used to use a futurecasting video to help people imagine. Most of the things forecast.. have happened in one form or another.  

 As a Coach I know that visualisation is an incredibly powerful tool.

These days I spend a lot of time talking about the Climate Catastrophe ahead. I don't like Climate Change... it's too soft.. sure it is creeping change but the impacts are catastrophic... just look at the floods in New South Wales this week... more water than Sydney Harbour contains allegedly :-(

 Having spent a year or so now trying to deal with the consequences of Storm Dennis causing a sewer to overflow and flood my parents house, the change in weather patterns is very real.  

So I offer you this great piece of monologue from the FT. 

Spend a few minutes. Watch to the end, then stop and think about your family, your workplace, your home habits. What could you change? 

One single thing won't solve this.. it has to be the collective efforts of everyone



No comments:

Post a Comment