google+

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Facebook to announce location based service development?

The web is a buzz with rumors that Facebook will make an announcement  about location based services tomorrow. Whether they will remains to be seen but with FourSquare / Gowalla reasonably well established now in the LBS / social networking / recommendation / gaming sector, I'd recommend a read of this Techcrunch article.

I've certainly noted a greater number of my digital/ creative buddies wanting to be my friend on FourSquare over the last few weeks. Perhaps it's entirely co-incidental, or perhaps there was lots of UK buzz around it whilst I was on hols. Nonetheless, it will be interesting to see what will happen subject to the Facebook announcement, particularly given that lots of the companies making a play for interaction on FourSquare are US based and there's far less of the promotional incentives for loyalty etc on this side of the pond as yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment